I went to a pitch workshop earlier this week to help me with Gather, and boy did my deck and presentation skills need work. But it’s also given me some good ideas and made me think about presenting the problem from a different angle.
Here are 5 useful Pitch Deck Resources that I have gathered so far:
- How to Design a Better Pitch Deck – an adaption of the presentation Kevin Hale gives to YC startups for demo day
- StartUp Podcast: How Not to Pitch a Billionaire – One of my favourite episodes of the StartUp podcast by Alex Blumberg, where he goes and pitches to Chris Sacca. I love when Chris Sacca pitches Alex’s idea back to him, it’s just so good. Important takeaways: project conviction, instill FOMO, and figure out your unfair advantage.
- Business Insider’s Best Startup Pitches of All Time – Some good examples, explains why the pitches are great
- The Only 10 Slides You Need in Your Pitch – an inforgraphic from Guy Kawasaki
- Writing a Business Plan – Pitch deck template recommended by VC firm Sequoia Capital